Sunday, November 7, 2010

November Break

So we made it through the first quarter of school. We are officially unpacked and "settling" well into our new home here in Moscow. And we were all totally exhausted and ready for a break. I am happy to report, I have no pictures because we did absolutely nothing! Nothing. Well I guess we watched movies, played a lot of Wii, slept in, did some (fun, not necessary) shopping, started a puzzle (notice we didn't finish it) and just all around recouped. The kids did a little homework as well. But it was absolutely wonderful to be home and not be rushing around here and there, with a host of demands and scheduled events.

Now onto the holiday season with Thanksgiving just around the corner! I think we are ready. We did begin making some Christmas ornaments this week from some kits I purchased last spring. This fun project stems from a childhood memory of mine where years ago my mother made ornaments from very similar kits and we as kids tried to help, just as my children are. She gave them as gifts to friends and teachers and kept a few for herself. She still hangs a couple (the ones that have survived) on her tree today. They are favorites of mine and when I get to see her Christmas tree I look for them! Here are a couple photos of the ones we are making... cause you all know I'm very visual and all about the photos! Can't hardly post without one photo at least.

And now that my blog is completely caught up I will rest well tonight! Be sure to look back at posts you may have missed. And hopefully now I can keep it updated on a more realtime regular basis like was my habit before this last move!

3 comments:

Renee said...

So does this international school permit students to take days off for national holidays?
MIS didn't but I called Madeleine in sick because she was not missing Thanksgiving

7redz said...

no they don't, but when the kids were in German school they didn't either so this is not new to us. We still celebrate and have Thanksgiving dinner just later in the day than we used too. It hasn't bothered us too much. Just took a little getting used to the idea. We can't watch the Thanksgiving Day parade until later anyway because of the time change. We like to invite friends over and share American traditions and they all work as well so a regular dinner hour works for that too.

Joe and Carolyn said...

Glad to hear you all got some rest...