Monday, May 18, 2009

Wilson

So... one beautiful sunny day I was relaxing on my back porch and I sneezed. I then heard a "Gesundheit" come from over the hedge! It was really funny. From that moment on I have called our next door neighbor Wilson (and Wilson's wife!) after Wilson from Home Improvement We did finally learn his name but in our home Wilson is what we called him. He is a nice older man who is retired from the Deutch Bahn. His wife is still working as a hairstylist... but we know her best for her desserts and pizza, yum!!!

Here is a picture of him and his wife and the kids with their good German friends over that day. I told Wilson one day last week I wanted a picture for my blog. He is a regular visitor of the blog and has asked me to please keep updating it after we move. He invited me over for coffee and Kuchen, in their little home away from home... which most recently sits in the empty lot on the other side of our house! But anyway... we had a nice time visiting... and they are thinking of coming to Moscow to visit us! Right Wilson??
I did take this opportunity to finally tell them about the nickname we had given him. They both laughed out loud... and then they told us about Mr Wilson from Dennis the Menace...which is really funny too! So Wilson and Wilson's wife will always be a special memory of Mittelbrunn for our family... oh and thanks for not being too upset when our trampoline flew over the hedge with that wind storm and landed in your yard! You won't forget us either, will you!?

2 comments:

Joe and Carolyn said...

I remember your telling me about the trampoline. Glad to hear you are good friends now.

Renee said...

So glad you've had good neighbors; it makes living anywhere so much easier.
We've been blessed to have bought a house in a neighborhood with great neighbors