Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Good news, bad news...

R comes home from school and announces he has good news and bad news...
"ya know that play we've been practicing for mom??... and I didn't know when we were going to perform it, right?... well good news is I found out when we will perform it... bad news is ...well, it's tonight... and they evidently sold tickets for it three weeks ago and we don't have tickets, so you can't come...."


good news is mom is a problem solver and we figured out a way to get him there and I was even able to show up last minute and stand on the side to watch...he is the monster in the clip above.
better news is Reuben has some really good friends... Moritz and his mother to name a few!! Thanks to them for their help!! (we are already planning trips for Moritz to visit us in the states and for R to come back to Germany!)

bad news is C and J were really sick and have been all week.

good news is that M and S insisted they could take care of them and that I should go ("R will be disappointed if you don't go mom... we got it... you go...")

good news is I was able to see all three older children (three nights in a row, btw) in their school programs (didn't post M's chorale performance 'cause she already had Godspell), and J and C didn't have to go to school programs three nights in a row!

bad news is they older three didn't get to see each other because they were taking their turn with the younger sick ones so I could go.

good news is R said he got to act all the things he wanted to act... scary, funny, huge, hungry and sleepy. (which in truth are all the things he is in real life)

bad news is I saw school programs THREE nights in a row...(ohhh, I'm tired!)

good news is I do enjoy seeing these school programs... hope you enjoyed the clips I posted.

1 comment:

Renee said...

Guess German schools are no better than American ones when it comes to communicating with parents (or maybe you didn't realize the notice was an important one?)... glad you were able to see the show