Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mothers Day

Well it is one year ago I started this blog! I can't believe I have stuck with it for a whole year... but is seems to be good for more than just me! Family and friends tell me they enjoy it as well as the kids love to see themselves and love hear me brag about them!! So I will continue!!

As far as my day...funny story. C was very sweet to wake me up with breakfast in bed (she is an early riser like her daddy!). She couldn't understand why her older 3 siblings didn't get up to do this! But she woke her partner in crime, aka J, up to help her. They peeled me an orange, made me jelly toast, also included my favorite - oreos with tea! C was afraid she made the tea too sweet, but it was just right! I get teary writing about it! My teenagers came in bleary eyed about 30 mins later (having set their alarms for a reasonable hour for someone who might want to sleep in on a special day) apologizing they had not communicated with C their intentions... I said no worries... besides it made C feel really really good that she was so independent in making me breakfast. But I was missing my egg, overeasy- my protein- at this point and so they made me a delicious egg!

All was good as they all tried really hard not to fuss with each other and all I asked for was for them to clean their rooms... and they really tried hard at that as well. Then to top it all off we worked very hard together and made a huge dent in the playroom (which I was a putting off, a bit overwhelmed)!!!

A big thank you to my dear sweet children! Love ,mom

3 comments:

Renee said...

sounds like a nice start to the day. I imagine the chapel had something special for moms as well?

vogatka2005 said...

I made a huge placard with kids
we tried our best for the whole week
the most difficult stuff was to hide the palcard before Sunday
and to find pictures from old magazines
but girls did really awesome job
and now this huge paper is in the living room

Anonymous said...

now it's so interesting to reread the blogspot
it's the same one but I know kids now
yeah,it's true to wake them up in the morning is mot just difficult
but they told me about trumpet (I'm not sure about spelling)
so I'm really waiting for shipment
Still without it it's possible to wake them up if I don't have anything to do for 5 minutes and not to leave room until they finaly will be up

Natasha