Monday, March 23, 2009

Baby Chicks


One of the fathers in the kindergarten class brought eggs in an incubator for the kids to watch. It was so exciting last week as they began to peck at their shells! Today was the day the kids got to hold them. J began running a fever over the weekend so I took him to school just long enough to see these cute little chicks... then off to the doctor to find out he has atypical pneumonia. You can see in his eyes he is not feeling 100%. But boy did we enjoy those little baby chickens!!

3 comments:

Renee said...

When I taught 6th grade Math and Science, we had an incubator of chicken eggs. It was fascinating to watch them hatch; it was distracting to hear them pecking and peeping while trying to teach :)

Anonymous said...

Oh John, I know it was fun to hold the baby chicks. Granny hopes you are feeling better today.
Love you,
Granny JO

Smith Family said...

Just popping in to say HI! Fun blog, it'll be nice to see the new adventures that await you guys.