This is a quote from the lady who taught our German baking class today. She was talking about how she takes pictures of what she has cooked and posts them on her facebook for her family and friends back in the states and basically says... "hey look what we are eating... it stinks to be you cause you can't have any..." She was really funny! At least I thought it was hilarious.
On the other hand... I get to pack 7 suitcases tomorrow... this is not really funny at all... but believe me though when I say I am not complaining. I love to travel. But 7 bags, wheh! I've got my work cut out for me. We leave for Berlin on Thursday... so with the kids and myself that is 5 (M is not going). Then the morning after we return Joey and I leave for Venice...so I have to have that all cleaned and ready... formal dinner, etc etc...Then I return Friday afternoon and in a couple of hours Jenny and I head to Prague on a USO tour... so... I have to have that suitcase ready as well! Like I said I have my work cut out!
In addition to all the fun... we have a move just around the corner... we are house hunting online...researching schools... learning the area... even looking into an aupair so I can take advantage of the training offered me in DC. All very time consuming. It seems everything is in fast forward and at a stand still at the same time!
Anyway, glad my sister is here ... good diversion... but please pray for our family as we once again face alot of big decisions and changes in our life! Thanks.
BTW... the kids are all doing great... M is gone this week to a Honors Drama Ensemble. S and R are doing alot of volunteering for Wounded Warriors Closet with Boy Scouts. And C and J are enjoying a little break in the cold weather and going out investigating the woods behind our house. The ground thawed just enough that we were able to bury Shadow and Stripe, R's beloved hamsters. They passed right before Christmas and the ground freezing pretty solid! Oddly enough we bought them together when R turned 10... had to separate them cause they hated each other... and they died within 24 hrs of each other. They were really nice pets to have. C took it the hardest but we all know they are in a better place now!
Lastly, please pray for R. He started a cold today and has his swim meet championships in Berlin on Sat/Sun!
No comments:
Post a Comment