And for the real news... it was announced today that Joey has been selected to be the Air Attache to Moscow, Russia. We will be moving back to the states this summer for Attache and Language training and then to Russia, August 2010. It is with very mixed emotions that we share this news. We are thrilled for what is ahead... no doubt in our mind this is what God has had planned for some time as we watched the pieces of the puzzle come together. But I think Mittelbrunn, Germany will be the first place in Joey's career that we are NOT ready to leave. We so love our small town, the kindergarten, the Backerei! We have such wonderful neighbors! We are really sad to leave! This place and the people we have come to know and grown to love will always hold a very special place in our hearts!!!
Thursday, January 29, 2009
...and in our spare time.
I started this puzzle the first week of January. This is the largest puzzle we have ever attempted in our home and since there is a significant lack of sun this time of year in combination with my "dark" home...(not to mention our travels and all the kids activities!)... it has been quite a challenge... but today... we finished it... a soooo feel good accomplishment!! YEH! Victory!!! It was not an easy puzzle... (and perhaps for those struggling with snow and ice may I suggest a good puzzle!!! There is no better therapy.)
And for the other big news... John lost his 5th tooth! It has been loose since early Dec. I really expected he would sing "all I want for Christmas is my two front teeth." But that thing would not come out! It took a pop in the mouth from a classmate today for it to finally be lost. He said it didn't hurt a bit!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Hey John,
Wow! Another one! How do you eat? You must be gumming your food by this time. I guess this means you are growing up - loosing all your baby teeth.
Love, Granny Jo
Glad to hear you got official word on the upcoming PCS. How do the kids feel about it? We've had 2 one year assignments and they are a bit weird in that you never really settle in and already you're moving again... I think it will be even stranger since both ends will be international moves...
I remember Grainau, you took us on a little driving tour out that way. It was a quaint little Bavarian village with very narrow one lane streets about 10 kg from the Austrian border. We passed the church in your puzzle just as the children were getting out of school. I remember the cemetery was terraced, it was beautiful with the Zugspitze in the background. I remember also, there was a bicycle path from Garmisch to Grainau.
Good idea to take a picture of your finished puzzle. When we finish a puzzle we are beginning to date the inside of the lid. But I like the picture also.
Love you lots, miss you more. MOM
Congratulations Joey ! - the realization of a life long dream. We are excited for you and the family. Of course, I am disappointed you all are not coming back to the States, even so I want to strengthen you with my love, encourage you with my heart and bless you with my prayers. I prayed so hard for God’s will and "I really knew God would not send you all to Ukraine or Russia." I am thankful for this answered prayer and I can say “Amen” and mean it –
Looking to Jesus the author and perfecter of our faih. Love you all, MoM/Jo
Just got time to check the blog! Glad to hear the news is finally official! We look forward to seeing Moscow once again and all it's changes. Nicki, I knew you would love your trip to London. You must have gotten the same dinner-theater deal that Mary and I enjoyed. I know you are enjoying having Jenny there to enjoy it with you. You must know how envious I am, but hope to get back to London town again one of these days. We are enjoying a week in Fla and spent this weekend getting acquainted with the lifestyle of the "Villages" just south of Ocala. Take care and our love to you all. Carolyn #2 MOM
Post a Comment