R and J went to the opening ceremonies of the championships early in the morning but then R didn't have an event so we spent the rest of the day touring! Yeh! We started by going to see a larger part of the Berlin wall then we seen in a different part of the city the day before! From here we headed to the Checkpoint Charlie Museum (but took no pictures inside) which everyone but little J enjoyed. But we did purchase a piece of the Berlin wall which they claimed was authentic. The kids absolutely insisted we have a piece, so they could take it to school to show their friends!! Then we were off to an art museum, Gemaldie Gallerie. We really didn't know how long the kids would last in an art museum but wanted to give it try for Aunt Jenny's sake. They were captivated! The audio/headsets were free and they had stools you carried around to sat on while you listened. J and C thought it was great. I wish I had a picture of one of my boys sitting there admiring the art but we left our camaras in the locker below. We took these pictures below on our way to past the Postdam Platz as we headed to the Reichstag.

Up in the glass dome at the Reichstag.
Brandenburg Gate at night!
On our bike tour the guide pointed out that there are three different men on the lights in Berlin. So throughout the day I tried to capture each one. Here they are. This is the East Berlin man.
1 comment:
I cannot begin to tell you how much I wish I had been with you. Guess it just wasn't meant to be.
Post a Comment