Thursday, February 26, 2009

First trip to thrift shop- new best friends!

So my sister, Jenny, left yesterday. We were all very sad to see her go. Her last week here didn't pan out like we had hoped as she was sick and there was a mcuh going on. We had hoped to go see the castle in Landstuhl, drive and see the windmills in the countryside on a sunny day (didn't have many of those while she was here), do a little shopping locally. But alas, all good things come to an end even when you don't want them to. Usually when my company leaves, no matter who it is or even if I was kinda ready for them to leave, I am always a bit depressed for a few days. I grew up in such a big, close family I like having lots of people around. I like being busy with family and friends. But this time I am quickly distracted by the moving process! I have much to do before my husband heads off to our next assignment. Then only a few more weeks till I get the household goods packed up and follow him. I made my first trip to the thrift shop to unload unwanted items today. They were very friendly and I didn't feel so lonely. In fact when I walked in I told them I would be their new best friend as I plan to make many trips there in the next 2 months! Question for my fellow military bloggers - how early do you start the moving/spring cleaning process? Just curious.

2 comments:

Renee said...

Ummmm?? As I begin unpacking when I arrive?? I am continually loading up bags for donations.
Overseas there are more things to unload since small electronics won't work in DC and I wonder if they have the same electricity or even plugs in your subsequent assignment?? And as soon as winter ends, I'd be getting rid of outgrown clothing as well - of course it wasn't in the high 60s in Germany today

7redz said...

No it was not even close to 60 today, so the winter clothes will have to stay awhile longer. As far as begining when you unpack... that is what I am trying to avoid this move with our weight allowance so close!! I don't want to get to DC with anything that I could have gotten rid off before it was packed! Things are going left and right!