Fasching was celebrated in the German schools this year! C decided to be a mouse... Aunt Jenny helped me brainstrom to bring this one together and sewed a nice long pink(the only color we had in house) tail to complete the outfit. She was mistaken for a cat a few times but enjoyed her costume. 
J wanted at first to be a monkey but the morning I was going to go searching for ideas/resources he decided he wanted to be a Zauber, like Merlin the magician. He explained to me he needed a tall pointed hat, kinda like a birthday party hat, but with a blue moon and stars, and a cape and a magic stick. He always has very specific ideas. I figured I could get some poster board for his hat but actually found a real hat instead! Aunt Jenny did magic by adding the moon, stars and gold rope and J made his own magic wand at kindergarten. He was very pleased! I was glad Aunt Jenny was here to help! 
1 comment:
I had to look up what "fasching" was. Fasching, I found out was sort a like Mardi Gras in New Orleans. Dressing up and having some fun before lent. Your costumes are very cute. Clara you are a cure little modest mouse. John you look very much like a Merlin the Magician.
Love Granny Jo
Post a Comment