
Here you can see the big guy didn't make it to his St Martin Day events. His little lantern he made is sitting next to him... he felt so yucky he really didn't care that he was not going... not sure if this was good or bad... I guess both!

S and C were able to go...(M stayed home with J for me, and R had alot of homework). Seth made his lantern from scratch. This was for his German class and going to the service and fest in our village was extra credit. C wanted to go cause all her friends from school were there and it is fun to parade down the street with a lantern!
St Martin's Day btw is celebrated Nov 11 every year here in Germany. Click to learn a little more.
2 comments:
Dear John,
I am so sad you are not feeling well. Your lanterns look really creative.
Gpa Nick remembers St Martin's Day in the Netherlands. He equated the lanterns and treats with the US carved pumpkins and Halloween treats.
Love Granny Jo
I remember the fun we had with Abigail's class on St Martin's day in Heidelberg. I love Catholic traditions.....
Hope J perks up soon
Post a Comment