Tuesday, November 25, 2008

snow fun!

For the past four morning we have woken up to a dusting of snow. We all LOVE snow, so it has been fun... and good news for J cause he didn't want to wear a coat until winter came. He kept asking me "when will winter come?"... I would say "it is here...it's cold" and he would say ... "no it's not... there is no snow!" The first morning with snow on the ground he told us "well now Christmas is just three days away!!" as if it was a little magical formula! So anyway, this photo is dark because this time of year we get like 3 hours of daylight (yes I am exaggerating!). It really was still pretty early... even before dinner. Sunday it started snowing about 6:30, pitch dark... so we let them go out and play in the dark with head/flashlights on. Oh what fun! They slept well! Truth is yesterday (Monday) when they build this snowman I didn't even know they were outside... what an attentive mother I am. When I went to look for John to talk to his cousin (HI Kiefer! We miss you!) on the phone I realized they were out. Actually I did have a hint cause I saw R out my office window carrying shovels full of snow to the back yard. I really don't know how they mustered this big snowman with so little snow on the ground... but boy is it nice to have independent children who dress themselves... and dress their younger siblings! I did fix the hot cocoa... even right before dinner...so maybe I am not so bad a mom... and growing boys that they are, they still ate their dinner!!

3 comments:

Karin said...

I love dirty snowmen. We've got about the same amount of snow. Unfortunately, my kids need me to be outside with them and it's too cold for me, so there will be snowmen in their future.

Renee said...

We've had lots of cold weather - it's below freezing as I type, but thankfully no snow. Enjoy your snow

Anonymous said...

WE have had a few flurries but NO SNOW. I think the dirty snowman is cute, but not as cute as my boys!

BELOW is my new up-to-date version of the Thanksgiving song we used to sing on the way to "Grandma's" house for Thanksgiving. ENJOY
"and you must sing it" when you skype me this week-end.
*****

Over the ocean and through the sky,
To Granny Jo’s house we go,
The pilot knows how, to guide us now,
We seem to go very slow.

Over the ocean and through the clouds,
Fly fast my plane of gray,
Zip over the ground, like a rocket ship,
For this is Thanksgiving Day!

Over the ocean and through the sky,
Its Granny Jo's house I spy,
Hurrah for the fun! The stuffing’s done!
Hurrah for the pumpkin pie!
******
Did you have a happy Thanksgiving?