Thursday, November 3, 2011

hello again... hello

ok... so... hello again... hello my friend hello...
Im back.  I can't believe how long it has been.
So long that blogger has changed the whole format and now I am relearning the whole thing.
So long that I don't know if I have any faithful readers left...
So long that I don't know where to begin to get caught up.

But I will.  Just last night I pulled out a printed edition of the first year of my blog, 2008.  Was talking and visiting with the new German attache spouse.  Was encouraging her to start a blog about her experiences here in Moscow.  Now I need to listen to my own advice and get back to the project here myself.

Wow how time flies.  And wow was it fun to look back and see what we were doing back in 2008.  I have journaled off and on since I was a child; taken pictures and put together photo albums since middle school!  And I've decided blogging really is my favorite way of journaling.  So I will not let this go.  I will not.  And now it is time to get busy and get it back up to date.

So to my old friends and new friends and of course my family... and as Neil Diamond sings (here's to you  my friends from India).... Hello, my friend hello... and I think about you every night... when I'm here alone and your there at home... hello...

But one more quick pause, before I begin to blog again... my friend from Egypt reminded me last night... she is the youngest of 8 children and misses her mom and dad... she reminded me to call them... she suggested if only for 5 mins... just to hear their voice.  And she is so right.  So I will do just that...

And then the plan is to work on the blog - backwards... start with this week and make my way back... hopefully while keeping up in the future.  Hopefully I will be caught up by Christmas.  And if I reach my goal I will take the time to print 2009, 2010, and 2011 all at the same time!  Big goals I know...



1 comment:

Renee said...

Thanks for all the great updates. My life is not nearly as exciting in AL as yours is in Moscow but still I"m a bit behind on my blog