At any given time in the metro station you can be found in a couple very special trains... this one is the Art Train. Painted with beautiful flowers all over just wait till you get inside. The seats have been removed on one side so there are places for artwork to be displayed. I was fortunate not to be in a hurry and only headed home when I just happened upon this train on the blue line after shopping out at Ismayolova (a Russian souvenir market) which is way out east of the city. I got on and enjoyed the ride! Event passed up my stop in city center and headed way out towards the west end of town before I was ready to come home. When the train stopped in a station I would get out of one car and quickly into the next until I had seen every piece of art. Probably one the best days in Moscow for me.
There is also a library car painted all over with books and then a retro car where it was restored to original metro colors and fancy lights etc. I've been in both and have a few pictures, but was headed to some destination and had a timeframe so didn't get to ride those trains and really enjoy to the fullest.... if I find the pics I will post them later.




No comments:
Post a Comment