Still trying to figure out the goings on around here I ended up going to the United Air Emirates shindig tonight, and it turned out to be unaccompanied. Hence party crashing.
No big deal really, no one even noticed, but I have never crashed a party in my life! If I had to crash one though, this was the one to crash. It turned out to be a great night for me.

First, it was held at the Ritz Carlton beautiful... and the food was fantastic.
Second, there was no one for me to small talk with, so I ate a full meal for once, took a few pictures and then sat and enjoyed a class of wine. I love to people watch.

Third I got some great ideas for John's Christmas program costume (he plays Joseph).
Fourth I got to see my husband in action. Here he is getting to know the Air Attache from Turkey. I met his wife earlier this month and would have enjoyed spending the evening talking with her, but of course she was not at this reception as it was unaccompanied.
Fifth the desserts were to die for... such yummy pastries full of pistachios or cashews... I LOVE nuts! and I can't tell you how good these below were!
So goes the party crashing. Nice eh?
6 comments:
Tee hee... sounds like there was maybe something lost in the invitation translation? Glad you had a good time even if you were the wild party crasher :)
more like a secretary problem... but it happens sometimes and could very well have been a dh doesn't pay attention to details problem... but we all do our best I think and things always work out.
You go girl!!!!
Looks pretty sweet to me! Just not getting around to checking out the blog. I guess I was addressing cards and publishing my little "free" book.
You will have to try that again - for a quite night out. What is a dh?
Looks pretty sweet to me! Just now getting around to checking out the blog. I guess I was addressing cards and publishing my little "free" book.
You will have to try that again - for a quiet night out. What is a dh?
dh is dear husband...and yes it was sweet!
Post a Comment