Wednesday, December 29, 2010

One picture

This is literally the one picture taken between Christmas and New Year's Eve. Those are icicles frozen on the screen outside the window. It was interesting to see. For the entire week we (well most of us) enjoyed staying warm and cozy in our little home- sleeping, eating, playing games and watching TV (Glee and Band of Brothers Marathon) and movies. We had hoped to travel somewhere but Joey ended up having to go into work a few days and things just didn't work out for us to go. And really it was best. I knew we were tired but didn't realize how burned out we all were. The moves and traveling over the years have taken their toll. We are all needed nothing but rest.

1 comment:

Mom, Granny JO said...

I have not seen icy lace patterns like this since I was a small child, way back before storm-windows. When we were little, Mother, “Grandmommie Friedley”, would show us the pretty pictures painted on the windows. She told us, “Jack Frost painted them while we slept!” Every winter we would look for icicles and Jack Frost paintings. Beautiful. Memories just come flooding back. I really wish I had some pictures, back then, I dont even believe we owned a camera.