Well, there is always one day on a trip that things just don't go smoothly. We cannot seem to coordinate all the hungry tummies, full bladders, sight seeing interests, and just seem to be walking uphill all day. This was our day for Ireland. But we plugged along and have some good memories to take away. We started with the "hop on, hop off bus tour" which was great (and we got a family rate) but we quickly figured out that we had failed to remember (not being good Catholics) Good Friday and everything (I mean everything except for a few shops and eating places) was closed. So we got good views of all the sights from the outside! Oh well. The kids enjoyed riding the bus.

We ended up spending much of our time in three local parks (St Stephens Square, Merrion Square, and a park just next to St Patrick's Cathedral) just letting the kids run and us sitting in the sun relaxing... which wasn't so bad. The picture below is a monument in Merrion Square for OscarWilde as his childhood home was nearby.
Joey and I ended the day by driving over to Dun Laoghaire (about 15 mins from where we were staying) where Mary was with her MUN group to see if we could visit a little with her. She was out so we missed her... but we walked the peer... and after a long day God gave us a rainbow... always a reminder of His promises to us!
We have much in store ahead of us so we were grateful for this reminder.
We have much in store ahead of us so we were grateful for this reminder.
1 comment:
ROFL... I had to laugh at your comment about not being good Catholics. I'm not sure I would have realized that everything would be closed since so much of Europe is secularized.
Post a Comment