Just a few pics of my June theme "Simply Summer" dinner party. I was so thankful to find lemon-drops downstairs at the Commissary!!! The were the finishing touch!
The Menu-
Sweet Georgia Crunchy Strawberry Salad
(pecans from Georgia)
Kentucky Tomato Soup
(with a secret ingredient)
California Chicken
(topped with tomato, Monterey cheese, and avocado)
Almond Rice Pilaf and Steamed broccoli
Florida Sunshine Cake
(a.k.a. Pig Pickin' Cake - with Manderin oranges and pineapple whip topping.
I made homemade freshly squeezed strawberry lemonade and served watermelon as an appetizers.
And a good time was had by all!
Be sure to look back a few posts for Derby and Easter dinner party pics... they are now up.



6 comments:
Simply Summer? I think simply summer would be burgers, corn on the cob and watermelon :) You prepared elegant and once again the table is gorgeous
yeh your right Renee... except the nearest grill is a distance from my house making it a pain to use to entertain.
if you can't grill out the backdoor, it is definitely too much trouble...
and I have no backdoor, I don't even have a balcony. And the common area, where the grill is, is not very private-lots of kids on this compound... need I say more? I do miss a good burger though. Really miss salmon on the grill more. Oh well. Another time.
You are so creative, you should have been a party planner!
thanks carolyn, maybe when I grow up that is what I will do... for now I need to catch up on my blog!!
Post a Comment