Tuesday, June 21, 2011

SUMMERSIZE


 Here I am shopping at a store similar to Cosco or Sam's Club.  The funny things is though, as with most European grocery items, generally there are no FAMILY or Bulk size anything.  Milk comes in 1 Liter size cartons, eggs in 10, and any given shampoo or lotion bottle is only about 10- or 12 ounces it seems.  So you can imagine my surprise when I came across this, what I call summer-size container of Nutella!  I had to share my find with someone, so rushed to find my faithful ride and friend Corinne!  She got just as much of a laugh out of it as I (thankfully) and quickly suggested we get a picture (thankfully again!!).  I call it "summer-size" because, summertime, when the kids are home eating lunch everyday, is the only time I would consider buying such a gargantuan size of even our favorite sandwich spread!!!  (BTW - I couldn't find the amount printed on the container but am guessing it was at least a gallon.)  I was actually not quite brave enough to buy it this trip so the kids, after seeing the picture, are very upset with me.... perhaps my next trip I'll actually decide to bring it home for the rest of the summer!  Oh the joy this will bring to my children!  Another picture for perspective...
The smaller jar of Nutella here is about 22 ounces.  And the peanut butter jars behind seem to be the normal size of peanut butter you would find stateside!

No comments: