Saturday, June 18, 2011

Closing Ceremony AAS

After the middle school graduation I headed over to the north gymnasium and watched a little rehearsal for the closing ceremony.  This is where I caught up with Seth.    
The classes then began filing in and I saw John with his best friend, Ben from Great Britain.

 The ceremony began with the March of the Flags, where the oldest student representing their country carried in their flag.  At the opening ceremony, back in the fall, (which I missed because I didn't know if I could attend), a Senior and a kindergartener carried a flag in together, so Mary had been a flag carrier.
Then some Russian dancing... and the band played!
(which I can't seem to get loaded up so you'll have to go to FB to hear it)



I decided to get a pic of Clara.  At first she didn't see me.Then she tossed her hair only to catch a glimpse of me.  Her reaction was to turn her back to me.  Ha... so after the ceremony I asked to take her picture and this was the look I got.  Middle school here we come!



John and Ben doing the Robot Dance after the ceremony in celebration!

...and its always a bit of a bus ride home.  It's been a long year!

2 comments:

"Sunny With A Chance Of Rain." said...

Great to see and read all of the long-awaited updates on your family. Read on Granny Jo's Blog about Mary's choice of University. Will be sending a Grad gift soon! May
God continue to Bless the Hickox family!!!!!

Wiese Windmill said...

School is Out!
No more pencils,
No more books,
No more teaher's dirty looks!