time to wake up kiddos... this was an end of the year Cub Scout Campout. Joey (not being a camper) went to the conflicting event, where Seth is now the Patrol Leader of the Boy Scout troop and in charge of awards meeting this evening for the end of the year... so I got to camp. Clara also not having other plans got to join. She and I had a good time pitching our tent... John was a little distracted. But we all had a great time!

2 comments:
You are the good mom. I have never been tent camping with Scouts. I went on a Scout retreat with James and the girls (separate events) in Florida but it was cabin camping
These cute photos bring back memories. Now, you and John and Clara have some camping in Russia memories to share. What is it about camping? Camping in a tent especially? The sun shining through the trees? Viewing the stars in the vast open sky? Hiking through the forest - identifying bark, leaves, wild flowers? Listening for the whip-poor-will or the chuck-will’s widow call at dusk - trying to distinguish the difference? The crackling sound of the campfire? Toasting marshmallows? The quiet moments? I remember them all.
Love, Mom
Post a Comment