We are definitely in the deepest chill of a Moscow winter now. Fur coats are everywhere, a way of life for all ages, just to stay warm. To not be wearing one, I am the exception. I have seen all shapes, sizes and colors. This is a terrible picture, but walking on the busy streets and in the congested metro stations of the city of Moscow is a topic for another post for sure! Long story short here is yesterday, I was walking with my teenagers to the orthodontist and we saw Cruella DeVille. I am absolutely sure of it! The boys agreed with me! She was tall and thin, with even taller spiked heel, black boots to add to the visual before us. And she wore an incredible black and white fur with loads of fullness (more than the one in this picture) that swayed back and forth, like it was still quite alive even as she walked. It was the most amazing fur coat I have seen yet. And again I have seen plenty since they slowly began to appear this fall at the first chill in the air! But I missed the photo op! So all I can do is try desperately to describe it to you. Just in case I might see her again... and possibly to begin a photo study of these beautiful pieces of art... I determined I would carry my camera in my coat pocket instead of my purse. Lo and behold the very next day who did I run into? None other than what had to be Cruella's sister! And I got the shot... albeit horrible, it's a start!
Friday, February 18, 2011
Cruella DeVille
We are definitely in the deepest chill of a Moscow winter now. Fur coats are everywhere, a way of life for all ages, just to stay warm. To not be wearing one, I am the exception. I have seen all shapes, sizes and colors. This is a terrible picture, but walking on the busy streets and in the congested metro stations of the city of Moscow is a topic for another post for sure! Long story short here is yesterday, I was walking with my teenagers to the orthodontist and we saw Cruella DeVille. I am absolutely sure of it! The boys agreed with me! She was tall and thin, with even taller spiked heel, black boots to add to the visual before us. And she wore an incredible black and white fur with loads of fullness (more than the one in this picture) that swayed back and forth, like it was still quite alive even as she walked. It was the most amazing fur coat I have seen yet. And again I have seen plenty since they slowly began to appear this fall at the first chill in the air! But I missed the photo op! So all I can do is try desperately to describe it to you. Just in case I might see her again... and possibly to begin a photo study of these beautiful pieces of art... I determined I would carry my camera in my coat pocket instead of my purse. Lo and behold the very next day who did I run into? None other than what had to be Cruella's sister! And I got the shot... albeit horrible, it's a start!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
love it...
Post a Comment