Friday, October 29, 2010

Master and Margarita Ball at the US Ambasasdor's Residence

The Enchanted Ball. Two 1930's vintage cars greeted us as we arrived.
Attache Spouses - Navy, Army and Air Force - with Bulgagov himself.
Lots of symbolism in the great Russian writer Bulgakov's book Master and Margarita
so there were lots of fun and interesting ways they decorated for this ball.
It sure was fun to see!
The Spaso House really was beautiful.We got a lot of compliments on this picture when I put it on Facebook and
I must confess, I did feel like a million bucks! The dress was elegant, thanks Bethany. Mary did my hair in a fancy updo which stayed up all night! We mingled and danced and just enjoyed the atmosphere and being out like real grown-ups!
This statue of Bolgakov sat next to a copy of the original
manuscript of his book, Master and Margarita.
Margarita is pictured below.

Again lots of symbolism and interesting characters from the book made for good entertainment. Unfortunately I could only get through summaries online and have not actually read the book itself. But it was a very fun night out. Not sure if any other can top it, but if so we are off to a great start here in Moscow as far as fun and interesting things to experience!
The connections between the Spaso House, Bulgakov and the Enchanted ball are historical and interesting to note. Click on the link here to learn more.


No comments: