Saturday, May 29, 2010

Once on this Island

M's last performance at SLHS she played Erzulie the goddess of love...
look closely at her dance partner here and you may recognize he was her prom date!


This was a tough weekend for a performance as the weather outside was great and many were gone for the holiday weekend. But the show must go on. We all (10) went to cheer M and her friends on and although we were nearly half the audience we were not dissappointed.
Great job guys!

4 comments:

Renee said...

Wow, her school did lots of plays

Granny Jo said...

I know you worked hard on this play. I am sure it was enjoyable. I checked out several high school productions on line and none of them looked like they were costumed as well or were having the fun you all were.

I

Granny Jo said...

I was trying to put in some HTML tags for italics with this quote.
but it jumped out and published without the quote.

"We dance to the earth
We dance to the water
The Gods awake and we take no chance
Our hearts hear the song
Our feet move along
And to the music of the Gods
We dance!"

IronMike said...

Your kids will love it here. AAS has a great drama department and the embassy has a drama troupe (troop?). A month ago the older kids did a Neil Simon play ("Fools") that was incredibly funny. And the younger kids did 9 little skit-like plays. The woman that voluntarily directs these little monsters is a saint! I don't know how she does it.