Our day started with walking through the National Gallery of Art Sculpture Garden.
Off to Fords Theater where we heard a detailed account of the events surrounding the assassination of our President Abraham Lincoln. It was really interesting and we all enjoyed it!
Into the Spy Museum we went and spent about 3 hours here! Really enjoyed every minute! So many interesting things to see. Although not free like all the Smithsonian Museums it was one I recommend. Well done!
Our pack mules did a great job! (Sorry R... I always have my boys carry really bright backpacks so I can spot them in a crowd... thanks for not complaining R about Tigger!)
We had just enough time to swing by Arlington Cemetery. It was Memorial Day weekend there were flags on every headstone. Really pretty to see.Always very moving to watch.

It was a beautiful day with nice cool temps! Had it not been I am sure we would not have accomplished so much!! We were thankful!We then headed home for traditional Friday fare... Pizza!








1 comment:
Nicki, we toured D.C. when I was only 7 years old...my Dad asked the soldier guarding JFK's burial site "Could I take your picture with my daughter?" With not so much as a facial twitch, the soldier continued to stare straight ahead and said "Sir, we are not allowed to pose for pictures but if she will stand right HERE, I won't move." Still have the picture!! LOVE YOU ALL, MISS YOU!!!!!
Post a Comment