Thursday, February 11, 2010
Will we stay or will we go?
WE planned our trip to Disney way back in Sept. Who could have predicted record amounts of snow the week we were to go? All flights that morning were cancelled as they were waiting for planes to safely arrive after the airport had been closed. Our flight to Orlanda was the first Southwest flight out of Dulles in 2 days. Until that morning we could not believe we were going!


We arrived safely in Orlanda and Joey had arranged and surprised us with a limo to pick us up and take us to Shades of Green. It was just a few dollars more than a taxi for 8 and we didn't want to rent a car planning on using the monorail and buses to get around Disney. We made a stop at Publix on the way and I had packed one suitcase of food so we saved money packing breakfast and lunch! All went well and worked great as planned!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Does Shades of Green have kitchens now? When we last stayed there they had nothing - not even a mini micro or fridge...... that's one reason we opted not to stay there during our trip in early Dec
I understand they now have family rooms that sleep 8 and have everything. But I think there are only like 8 of those. We had two rooms and all we had were 2 small refrigerators. It worked though because I bought 4-1qt milk cartons and they fit just fine. We had cereal and fruit in the morning. Made sack lunches and then picked up something simple for dinner. We were too busy having fun to stop and eat fancy anyway. If you didn't stay at Shades where did you stay?
ooh! I'm impressed. Looks like lots of fun.
Post a Comment