Saturday, February 6, 2010

How deep can it get?

We took advantage of a path the neighbor had dug to the end of the driveway to venture out. Don't think we will get mail for a few days. We are standing in the middle of a very busy road. The picture below shows a big tree down (look on the left) across the road just down the street. It was one of many as we would find out later. We walked down to it. There were only about 3 cars and about as many people walking to get some fresh air themselves. One cross country skier really enjoying himself. We cheered him on like we were watching the winter Olympics!

...taken down by the fallen tree.
Personally I haven't seen this much snow since I was a kid and we lived on Tupelo Pass, way back in the 70's! At this point, the 2 younger ones had had enough and decided to go back in the house. The older three and I were up for more adventure. There is a walking path right across the street from us that had been plowed at some point as it was only about a foot deep. We started walking. The kids showed me their funny personal lounge/recliner chairs.
They were ready for the Super Bowl!! It was Super Bowl Sunday!!!!!Further down there was a huge tree down across the path. We hiked/ waded/ whatever our way to the park, our goal. You can see it in on the other side of this tree. You can also see the snow is about up to our hips most places. I could not have made it with my short legs if I hadn't had their tracks to follow!
Reuben was excited to easily reach the rim of this standard height basketball goal!


What a great snow and a great time we had!





No comments: