Friday, July 17, 2009

Vacation Bible School "Bringing It"

M and N working on hotdogs for the carnival Friday night.
S and R working on cotton candy!
C and J with Mitch O'Nary (Missionary)
We were excited this year to be a part of VBS at our new church here in Reston! N, M and S volunteered while R, C and J enjoyed songs, stories, crafts and games (and I got to go to school with Joey). Here are a few photos! I don't think we overwhelmed Natasha. (Seth's shirt if off in the picture above because it was wet... he was wet all week helping with games... filling water balloons and all sorts of fun stuff.) The weather was beautiful, fun was had and friends were made. We all had a wonderful week!

I have to say Natasha is doing a wonderful job! She has so quickly acclimated to juggling lots of things at the same time. After her first few days here she asked me "... how do you do it?... how to you remember everything?"... then the next day she told me she believed I must have a "special chip" implanted in my brain...and that she wanted one!!! She really is doing an amazing job of adjusting to the demands of this house and keeping things light and fun along the way! I can't explain the relief I feel with her here. She made us Ukranian Stuffed Peppers tonight for dinner. The older ones and I liked them but the younger ones of course picked a little. We share and learn something everyday... and John is counting to 10 in Russian. All this in just over a week! Some very good times are ahead.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

this week was really great.
Cooking hot dogs were also fun,but I don't want to eat hotdogs anymore at all
500 hundred
At first there were 5 volunteers to cook them, and then only 3.
Still we got a hot dog with Mary in the end and for couple of minutes didn't know do we wanna eat it or now.
Natasha

Anonymous said...

and as for a chip
I really need one
at least the smallest
so if you know where to get it, let me know please
i'll the most thankful Au Pair
I need it before school starts

PS the next meal is BUCKWHEAT
it'll be even less tasty but...
that's what we eat

Natasha

Renee said...

Sounds like y'all are adjusting to the new life.

Joe and Carolyn said...

I love stuffed peppers!!! You'll have to make me some when you are here - we'll give the little ones hot dogs!!

Granny Jo said...

What a strange comment for me to make But when I looked at the larger picture of Mary and Natasha I just happened to notice - Mary's ear lobe. It is like my Mother's. Mine is more like my Dad's which resembles Natasha's. Wow, such family trivia. Granny Jo

Colleen said...

Hi Everybody!
It looks like you all are having a lot of fun. I'm glad :) Everything here in Germany is great!