Wednesday, July 1, 2009

It's Puzzle Time






"....and we puzzled and puzzed until our puzzlers were sore...." as Dr Suess would say.
We actually did four puzzles in those 2 wks in Indiana. The first was a 500 piece of hot air balloons which we finished in one day. It was 3D and so kinda had a plastic layer and the pieces snapped together like we had never had snapped before. I forgot to take a picture of that one. The second was the windmill which the Dagenhardts gave us as a going away gift knowing our love for puzzles. It was 1000 pieces so took us a few more days but was really really fun! The third was the round one which was actually Aunt Clara's from back in the 60's (if I remember correctly). The number of pieces was not listed on the box... so we counted them... there were 500. The shapes of them were really interesting giving it a different kind of challenge. The last was 1000 pieces and of New York. The city buildings and reflection went together nicely and fun. The blue sky was awful... we plugged away... but it was painful!! Mom is going to sell it on Ebay as it is a keepsake with the "Twin Towers"... but not one we wanted to keep with that terrible terrible blue sky!!





4 comments:

Joe and Carolyn said...

Did you all ever finish that crazily shaped Christmas Nativity one I gave you a few years back? I remember you saying it was really hard.

Karin said...

We love puzzles,too. Although the boys are a little young for the bigger ones. B and I have decided that when we are retired we are just going to have one room in the house specifically for puzzling.

Renee said...

Oh my!! You are puzzle kings

Granny Jo said...

That was fun. The Ravensberger "Windmill" is a beautiful puzzle. Aunt Clara and i are ready for another puzzle blitz.