Saturday, January 17, 2009
European Forces Swim League Divisionals
Aunt Jenny had her share of crisis while we were gone...had to go pick up M from school sick (the one school I really believed she would not have to go to, so didn't give her directions too), had to go rescue a drum and an apple pie left at the at a bus stop, had a small snow storm, she & M & S ran out of minutes on all three cell phones, and John started a bad cold with fever and had to stay home from school Thursday and Friday! But such is life with five children when dad goes TDY!! But they all did great...and I think Jenny is still game for my trip in Feb to Venice! Our stay in DC went well and was very nice! We returned Friday afternoon just in time to escape the incoming cold weather and Inauguration traffic... and in time to get the kids to their last swim practise before divisionals.
Then with a little bit of jet lag got up at 6:30 on Sat to make it to swim team divisionals... this was a fun day!!! Clara won a third place medal for Girls 8yrs and Under for the 50 Meter Breaststroke. Reuben won 3rd place for Boys 11-12 yrs, both 50 Meter Backstroke and 200 M Freestyle, and then a 5th place for 100 M Freestyle (he lost his goggles on entry). He was also in the Medley Relay and Freestyle Relay and his team won 3rd in both. I guess it was a day for third place! It was fun. Reuben has gotten a qualifying time for freestyle and so will swim in the European Championships... hence we are all going to get some touring in!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I take it Aunt Jenny doesn't have kids? Madeline knew more about adding minutes to our celphones in Germany than I did... glad all worked out. Praying that Joey is given the very best assignment for both him and the family
Congrats to J and C. WOW! Very impressive!
Third place, what a remarkable achievement! I know you both worked hard and long for that. I am so proud of you Clara and Reuben. Keep up the good work.
Love Granny Jo
We are so proud of Clara and Reuben, Who would have thunk it? Olympian to be swimmers in the family? Our love to you all. Grammy and Grandpa
Post a Comment