Saturday, October 25, 2008

European Cross Country Championships (sorry to brag)

Well, we got lost causing us to be a few minutes late...then in our hurry I left my camera in the car! So here is the one pic I have and the details!!

It was a blessing I was not there for the start as Mary was tripped and left behind on the ground getting her a 90-something place start and I think I would have sat down and had a heart attack to see my little girl have to struggle like that after all her hard work and her high hopes!! The course was like a clover leaf so we were there for the 3 turns and every time we saw her she was passing girls! Her first year running and she finished in the top 20 of 101 girls. # 17 to be exact! She was # 12 in her district (District 4- the largest schools in Germany) and # 3 for her team. Her time for the last season race was 22.30. Her coach (who was just as proud of her as we were!) chided her with a big smile on his face when he told her the time she ran for this race...."I told you to run a 22.20 ... not a 21.47!!!" Yes that was her time... she cut more than 30 seconds off her time! We both cried. It was a great season!

3 comments:

Karin said...

Go Mary! Go Mary! Go!Go!Go Mary!

Renee said...

Way to go Mary.

Joe and Carolyn said...

That's my girl! Way to go Mary. Love you, Grammy