Friday, October 31, 2008

Pumpkin Fun!

btw... the little one we grew in our garden... and J insisted it was his!

We have a pirate, the Phantom, a medieval maiden,
an almost teenager (with a teddy bear!), and an angel!

Halloween is not our favorite holiday... in fact we have not carved pumpkins in about 5 years nor have we taken the kids trick or treating in about, well, I can't really remember. We've done lots of alternative fun things...but this year M asked... ..."please mom, can I take the two little ones trick or treating??... I remember the year I got to trick or treat and we had so much fun... and I'm still OK, right... and C and J have never trick or treated." She begged (respectively)! Joey always says I am a wimp... I prefer the "weaker vessel". Anyway, he gave in this year as well. Thankfully it actually gave us one more opportunity to get to know and be with our neighbors and friends (in fact I think last year we confused them by not participating). It was a way to be a light to this world yet not of the world. So many times when we take a stand we do not allow ourselves to go into those dark place, like Jesus did, and that is where the people who really need Him are. There is a delicate balance I know... not putting ourselves in difficult situations but still be accessible to those who need Him. Anyway, on to less heavy things... like the election huh!?!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

opps! I guess I left my comment under the wrong blog/picture.
sorry

Anonymous said...

Who's that big scary one in the back of the group picture 2 ??

7redz said...

I love this anonymous comment! I literally laughed out loud for about 5 mins... and continue to giggle when I think about it! Thanks I needed a good laugh.