The day started early for Saturday, but it was our first swim meet for C and R so getting up at 6:30 wasn't too difficult. The have been practicing hard and were ready for a challenge.
C swam the 50 freestyle and then 50 backstroke. We were so proud of her. She did very well, especially for her first competition. Her strokes are amazing... beautiful technique. A little work on her starts and finishes and she'll be smoking! The only "time" I remember of the whole day was her first race, the 50 free, and that was 1:01!
C's first start...right now she prefers the side of the pool rather than the block.
C's first start...right now she prefers the side of the pool rather than the block.Reuben swam the 50 free, 50 back and then the 100 free. With his first race his goggle were pulled off with his entry and he swam zig zag (at one point his arm went over and was even hooked on the lane line, oops...) and came in second. His backstroke was a little straighter (which is more challenging in this pool than most because the ceiling lines are diagonal... someone wasn't thinking when they designed that!) and he came in first. Then in his 100 free he was a good 20 meters ahead of the rest. Of course he is a good head and shoulders taller than the rest too... so it looks like he will swim with the 12 yr olds next meet.
R after his 100 free, looking back shocked ..."where is everyone?"
R after his 100 free, looking back shocked ..."where is everyone?"While they raced... Seth played 11 holes of golf!! This makes him very happy!
(but not mom cause she can't get pics of that!)
(but not mom cause she can't get pics of that!)
Then we headed off to the KHS football game as just the day before M was selected Homecoming Lady for the sophmore class and she informed us she would be riding in a BMW at halftime! How could we miss that??? She has always wanted a crown! Her daddy will escort her to the dance tonight. (so I'll add pics of that tomorrow...)
When we got home R, J and C were playing and R accidently kicked J in the mouth ... then C finished the job by pulling the tooth. I was informed of the whole event when C came to the kitchen, tooth in hand!
This tough guy didn't even shed a tear... even when he got kicked in the mouth by his brother's size11 foot (one size short of his daddy's 12's... but R is only 11 yrs old!)
Poor Joey's got his size 12's out on the dance floor with a bunch of highschoolers... I'm tired can I go to bed now??? or do I have to wait up???
This tough guy didn't even shed a tear... even when he got kicked in the mouth by his brother's size11 foot (one size short of his daddy's 12's... but R is only 11 yrs old!)Poor Joey's got his size 12's out on the dance floor with a bunch of highschoolers... I'm tired can I go to bed now??? or do I have to wait up???

3 comments:
I am worn out just reading that!
Madeleine told me that Joey was a chaperone for the homecoming dance; she was glad that I was not able to be one for the dance last night. She went with a group of friends to a local high school homecoming danc
Size 11 !! No wonder Reuben finished so far ahead he has his own natural flippers.
Good Luck, Reuben.
Granny Jo
Post a Comment