Tuesday, December 4, 2012

First Snow



This year I haven't actually thought too much about the snow coming.  Kinda hoping it held off until after we got moved and that would be OK with me.  So it sure did surprise me today when the white stuff started falling.   But what a pleasant surprise.  It's just kinda magical.  All the dark gray, dead and dirty things begin to come alive and are white and beautiful again.  I've never watched a big city from above while it snowed and it was quite fun.  Cars crawled.  People walked with umbrellas.  Nothing seemed to stop, just slow down a little.  The snowflakes got big and heavy.  I opened the window and they seemed to just float in the air, not really be falling.  Maybe that's what happens at 11 stories high.  At one point I felt I was in the cloud of snow itself.  The first snow of the year is always exciting and special.  Now I wonder how long it will stay here on the ground with us.  For now, as always, it is bringing good cheer for me.






When the kids came home they talked of how the traffic was indeed worse than usual, and some still driving too fast.  Hills so slick they had to turn around and go another way.  You can see my last picture here the cars dangerously sliding.  Seth saw quite of few fender benders.  He said people driving too fast in the slush and on being able to stop in time.  Thankfully they all made it home safely.

No comments: