Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Celebrating the Emperor's birthday

The Japanese always have nice receptions! Maybe I think this because I love sushi and tempura, but tonight as I listened to the Japanese national anthem and heard the tempura sizzling in the background I thought how lucky I am to be here for special event!!  I do so appreciate their humble and gracious culture! Thanks Japan for a very nice evening and happy birthday to your Emperor.  
His birthday is Dec 23 and he will be 79.
This is my friend Eri and she is in her winter Kimono.  She told me the flower is one they see in the winter.  The ladies tend to hesitate to wear the Japanese traditional costume because it takes so long to get on and is not comfortable, but it is so beautiful we love to see it!
Oh and I can't forget to mention the plum wine... it is a dessert sweet wine and so so good (mom you would love it! I'll have to bring you some!)  Below new friends from UK and Pakistan.

No comments: