Sunday, October 21, 2012

Swan Lake



As promised, a trip to see a ballet!  

At the International Women's Club of Kyiv (IWCK) I had won 2 tickets to see Swan Lake.  It was difficult to decide who to take.  When Joey found out he wanted to go.  It was John's birthday and he likes to dance and I think he would enjoy seeing something like this.  But ultimately it was Seth who won out as I had promised him, back in Moscow, to take him to a ballet and and opera.  I mistakenly took him to 2 operas.  Oops.  Well this makes up for it I hope!   He was dressed in his suit with a cool shirt unbuttoned and wore his black converse tennis shoes, looking way too cool!  He first words at intermission were priceless to me.  "Believe it or not, mom, the music reminds me of Star Wars" the percussionist said!  And as I thought about it I could totally hear and understand what he was talking about!  But only a teenage boy would put those sounds together and then articulate those words in a sentence. Oh how I love my teenagers!

No comments: