Friday, September 3, 2010

Hello Kitty

So.... when our kids turn 10 they get an animal to love and care for...
M got our dear Belle. S a really nice fish tank. R a teddy bear hamster.
And now C, she had to wait until we arrived in Moscow as she turned 10 back in March.
We talked and talked about a kitty. She read books, dreamed and hoped.
When we were delayed, one day we visited Petco to see the kittens as
a morale booster.

There is no better place to get a little kitty then here in Moscow.
1 wk after we arrived we pulled a free kitten sign off the bulletin board here at the Embassy. She had two left. The next day the owner brought them to us and I watched them all day while she was at work. The kids came home and we talked played and played with them trying to decide which one to keep. Clara really wanted a calico or an orange one. So I knew which one she would pick. Having spent the morning with them I could tell they both had really sweet personalities. One was braver but the other was a little calmer.
We had a difficult choice ahead of us.

They were too cute....
here is Clara cuddling her sweet kitty she had dreamed about for so long.
Truth be told, when I went to Petco with M, C and J we so enjoyed holding them I began to wonder if 1 kitten would be enough to meet the needs of our large family.
With that in mind, Joey and I had talked about maybe getting two... I didn't have work too hard to convince anyone... or twist any arms, I promise. We decided we could not separate the sisters, the sisters needed to stay together... and John would get his pet about 2 yrs early.
And there you have it. The story of our kitties. Names are a different chapter. But as you can see we are taken by these sweet little sisters.... and they quickly became fond of us!

4 comments:

Renee said...

They are cute...

Granny Jo said...

Kisa and Kira

Cali –Lico “Calico”

Black Pearl and Copper Penny
Call them “Pearl and Penny”

Kat

Kitty

Coal
Greycat
Shadow
Charcoal
Smokey
Ashes
Grey Kitty
Lily


Daisy
Rose
Lily
Orange
Amber
Ginger
Cornflake
Marmalade
Penny
Daisy
Copper

What and Watt

Just being funny Ha Hee :)

Karin said...

What? Joey's not hanging them from the fan to see how far they'll fly??

7redz said...

not yet... he's trying to win their trust first he says... but John is