these flowers were outside the pool area and I had to take a picture to share. They were just stunning. Blue, purple, and pink. I never seen all three colors together. Then there were some with alot of yellow/white like below. These were J's favorite.
Sometimes you have to stop and enjoy the flowers.
4 comments:
Nicki, I LOVE Hydrangeas!! Not sure how it happened but I have one bush at home that produces blooms in different colors...some are pink, some purple, some blue, all on the same bush! I'll try to send you some pictures!
I also LOVE the Air & Space museum at the Smithsonian...one of my fav spots!!
Take care, keep in touch!!!
That's what this bush was and I had never seen all those colors on the same bush... just beautiful!!
These are very old flowers. They have been around since I was a child. We called them "snowballs"
When we lived on Duncan there was a very large snowball bush in the front of the small house. We were always instructed not to "pick" the flowers. They were to stay on the bush. One day the family was dressed up waiting for a taxi, Charles and I were in the front yard. Charles was bored and he picked a snowball. Our Dad was upset with him and said he had to hold the bloom on the stem until it grew back. Charles tried and tried to balance that bloom on the bush. He was afraid if he did not get the bloom back on the bush he would not get to go in the taxi. I dont believe he ever picked another flower.
He was only 4 years old.
Post a Comment