Thursday, April 8, 2010

Woodpecker - WOW!

The biggest one I ever saw! Mom, what is this one called???... I can't remember...J saw him out his bedrm window and ran to show us. It was hard to get a picture... tasha and I were both snapping away from the window... he was digging away at a decaying stump behind our house. He was having a wonderful time having breakfast until a squirrel had to come check out what the fuss was all about... then he was gone...he was really beautiful...
like national geographic right in the backyardThanks mom for sending this picture below... looks just like the one we saw.





1 comment:

Granny JO said...

Looks like a pileated woodpecker to me.
The Pileated Woodpecker is a very large North American woodpecker.

Adults are mainly black with a red crest and a white line down the sides of the throat.

on Lou Gene there was one that visited quite often, before the farm developed into a subdivision.
Love Granny Jo