Joey and I start the day by helping with pumpkins.


believe it or not R's costume was very last minute...
and I was very proud of it!
Here is the line up... T is an Indian (she made it all by herself),
C a Town Mouse, J a cowboy (he got a capgun for his b-day),
R the black knight (Monty Python),
Mary went to the homecoming dance
(but was cinderella earlier in the week, see last photo)
& S Frodo (Lord of the Rings).
and here are the pumpkins...
Here is the line up... T is an Indian (she made it all by herself),
C a Town Mouse, J a cowboy (he got a capgun for his b-day),
R the black knight (Monty Python),
Mary went to the homecoming dance
(but was cinderella earlier in the week, see last photo)
& S Frodo (Lord of the Rings).
C's cat, T's Micky Mouse, M's with a bow, R's wolf,J's skull (ugh!)& S's big smile.
and here is M as Cinderella earlier in the week
...anyone recognize this prom dress?
yes it was mine from High school...too many years ago!!
9 comments:
Oh, I love it!!!!!
It was my best Halloween ever.
Trick or treat was such a fun, although it was really funny to look at 22-years-old Au Pair who wants candies.
:-)
And carving the pumpkins was really great.
The first carving in my life.
Thank you for such a nice day and really great experience
Natalya, looks like you are experiencing a lot of first this year- with a typical American family. So glad it is a good experience. Hope to meet you Thanksgiving- another American day.
Mary "Cinderella", I always knew you were a princess. Do you believe your mother made that dress when she was in high school?
The “new” way of carving pumpkins with stencils looks like fun. I think they are all cool looking. Did you know that Hallowe'en is distinctively Christian — and specifically an Irish Catholic holiday? In the Celtic language it was known as “summer’s end” and was a night to honor loved ones that had passed on.
The word Hallowe'en itself is a contraction of "Hallowed evening". Hallowed is an old English word for "holy". The Irish people carved faces into large turnips, potatoes and beets.
Immigrants from these countries brought the jack o'lantern myth tradition with them when they came to the United States. They soon found that pumpkins, a fruit native to America, made the perfect jack o'lanterns.
Oh - Yes! I also think the best costumes are homemade imagination. Good job. You all look great.
"Long week. Good times." and I had to comment on everyone.
Yes, it was really nice Halloween, actually the best in my life. I did even trick or treats, although I understood that it was kind of funny to do trick or treating when u r 22 years old. Still I've never heard that Americans would tell me that I'm 22. I hear that I'm 17 or 18 all the time. On Saturday I found out a huge advantage of my "18".
But I think carving the pumpkins were even better that trick or treating. It was my first carving experience that's why I made Mickey Mouse, which was really easy. John told me that he has never seen such a funny pumpkin for Halloween.
:-)
You guys are professional jack-o-lantern carvers. I am impressed...
BTW, I LOOOOVVVE Reuben's "just a flesh wound" costume....
Post a Comment