November 1, 2012 So I’m 11 months behind. How did this happen? I am not sure but I am determined to get the focus back, get the creative juices flowing and move forward. But because I have blogged for nearly 5 years I just can’t skip a year! So in some ways I must go back. And this is a good time of year to do so as I begin reviewing the year for the annual Christmas letter. So lets go back so we can move forward and write a sort of summary for each month!
I’ve come up against a small obstacle with the blog. They have put limitations on the files they will store, limiting how many pictures I can put on. I will need to depend more on my writing than on my photography to do the talking. I am a firm believer in “a picture speaks a thousands words” but in this case I must begin to use my words again. So here we go.
January is generally a month I like to hibernate! This one was quite busy though. It started with a puzzle we had gotten for Christmas. It was fabulous to work as it was in the shape of a fan! The definition and color in the picture made is easy to put together but the shape kept it interesting.
As a fun family night out, we took the kids to the top of the Hotel Ukraina Seven Sister (now owned by the Radison) as we heard the view and food was awesome.
7 sister next to the US Embassy
Russian White House
The price was so awesome we decided to opt for a dessert only night. And the desserts were so awesome- they came on huge plates with very fancy presentation. The kids drink water. I had tea. The bill was nearly $100. The view was nice, but we were seated where we had to make an effort to get up and walk over to see that view. We were a tad underdressed and we didn’t care and they didn’t seem to either. Such a relaxing fun evening with the kids!! The walk across the bridge was beautiful with all the Christmas garland lights reflecting on the snow and ice. I think in the few blocks we covered there were 4 Christmas trees! Lights everywhere!
 |
| Snow Maiden |
 |
| Egyptian friends |
On the attaché beat we entertained with a couple of dinners in house. Also joined the Swizz attaché family to see The Snow Maiden, girls only, and then met the boys to all have fondue at their house! The Egyptian family took us out to their favorite place restaurant, which served authentic Egyptian food. We also met them one afternoon at Gorky Park to ice skate but the timing didn’t work out as it was closed. But we took fun pictures in the park where there could have been something like a snowman making contest, as there were over 70 snowmen and each one unique! The highlight for me though was teaching the Air Force Officers Spouses how to play Bunko! We had such a great time laughing and learning that none of us wanted it to end.
 |
| BUNKO baby!! |
 |
| Gorky Park |
No comments:
Post a Comment