
Joey's first meet... here we are in our matching rain gear (leaf bags) as all our jackets and umbrellas are packed....Swim Meet 3.... rain rain go away.... but we swam in the rain anyway... and this is the only picture I have. It was a different kind of fun... although C was quite miserable, and S who has nothing to keep him warm was quite cold, R persevered and had a good meet and even said "that was kinda fun swimming in the rain." We missed the warm up thinking the meet would be cancelled (it was really pouring!!). John was in the first event, first lane for 25m butterfly.... I met him at the end of his lane when he finished and he was smiling sooo big and said..."mom the water is really warm!!" What a pleasant surprise. Results are sketchy for me between the rain and all the realtor and craiglist calls. C and S had some personal bests. John finished third in back I think...not sure for free... and R had a great meet moving up a division in Butterfly and finished 3, and finishing well in back and free (was a personal best for free and will update when I know where he placed for sure), and also placed in both his relays. In the end we did have fun, and our team won (and is undefeated) but I am more exhausted from the rain than I usually am with the sun. Can't quite figure that one out.
No comments:
Post a Comment