Monday, December 7, 2009

St Nicolaas Day

St Nicolaas Day. He brought us all a pair of flannel pajamas and a kinderegg! Very nice. There are alot of big feet in this house, wouldn't you say?

5 comments:

Karin said...

Nicky celebrated at school. they each took off one shoe during snacktime and placed it in the hallway. He thought it was funny to eat snack with only one shoe. He was also very excited to celebrate "Holland" on Saturday, even though we don't participate in this tradition.

Granny Jo said...

How interesting Karin, that school would celebrate St Nicolass Day. i guess it is the Dutch heritage of New York (New Amsterdam)?
Did I count 9 shoes? Did someone double dip? Did I miscount?

Rose Esterle said...

when we were kids we would put little bowls on the table, I guess Mom didn't want our shoes on the table, and she also didn't wantto put food in them...thanks MoM... we would get a nickel and some nuts, I don't remember ookies, ...thanks for the stories...

vogatka2005 said...

8 shoes
but 1 is mine, the white one with Disney PJ
so 7+1

Nicolaas said...

Nice blog

Love,
your cousin nicolaas