Tuesday, August 26, 2008

5 kids, 5 different schools

What have we been doing the last 10 days or so... well, getting everyone settled in their respective schools for the year. M started 10th at KHS and S 8th at Landstuhl Middle School. They both will go full time. R is in the 5th Klasse at Landstuhl Gymnasium. C started 3rd Klasse at Theodore Huess Grunde Schule. J is kindergarten at the Pusteblume Kindergarten. German school ends early (about lunchtime) so the afternoons before piano, soccer or swimming etc I will continue to home school, English and History, for them. Busy times. It was a nice summer but we are all ready for the routine and challenges of school. M has a particularly heavy load academically and yet still trying to keep up with cross country and praying which drama production to audition for this year. So please pray for her. So far it looks like teachers are good fits for all the kids personalities, strengths and weak areas etc so I have good feelings about what the year holds!!
Can someone tell me from the schedules above where I'm supposed to be right now!?!

4 comments:

Renee said...

You must consolidate.... make one BIG color coordinated schedule. Ours is on the side of the fridge - purple for MJ, green for James, orange for Abigail, red for Theresa and blue for John... and black for me/Scott/family events.

7redz said...

that would mean I actually have some experience with certain computers programs and own a color printer huh?? I'm not that savvy. No, really their school schedules (posted) are their responsibility...although I do follow up with them some to make sure they are carrying the right book etc. But the extra curricular are different... and a much more involved, fancy, color- coded chart of some sort is in the making... soon to be posted...

Janette said...

Whew- just reading it made me tired. What a blast that they are able to be in German Schools. Do they have to take the gynasium (sp) exams in fourth grade?

vogatka2005 said...

Can someone tell me from the schedules above where I'm supposed to be right now!?!

I give 100% that I'll ask the same question in September!!!!!!
and my current calendar is till July(it was since September till July- in Ukraine I have since January till January)
so I'll need a huge one
becaause regualr size of a calendar even wasn't enough with 2 kids
and 5...
oh!!!! I need to buy a huge one.
Some days ago I was thinking what size of bottle with a sanitizer I'll need. Probably the biggest one
:-)